Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Vapor Smell at High Outside Temperature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Vapor Smell at High Outside Temperature.

Guys Assalamu Alaikum,

As the sig says i have an E46 330i 2001 Japan version vehicle.

The problem is I get fuel/petrol smell at high ambient temperature i.e as of now (~38 Degree) which is really annoying and irritating as the smell reaches even inside the cabin which gives me a headache and dizziness.

Long story short - Have checked the fuel lines, fuel expansion tank(Bottom side as top cant be inspected unless removed)fuel cap and purge valve and they are in good condition. Fuel filter and charcoal filter are also replaced with new. The fuel vapor smell seems to come from the fuel expansion tank or the charcoal canister anyway.

I am really not sure what to check now or is this the flaw of this car as it cant handle our UAE temperature as charcoal canister cant control the vapors developed ?

Anybody else experience the same with the same car ? Please shed some light on this
    Last edited by J.M.D; 24-04-2017, 12:24 PM.

I had a similar experience back in the day with my e46, although it only happened after a fill up. turned out to be a leaking collar ring gasket.
    Another area to look at is a cracked fuel level sender/fuel pump unit. These parts are located under the back seat, on top of the fuel tank and will definitely seep into the cabin.

In any case try not to light up a cigarette until its all resolved.

Comment

Working...
    X