Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel rub!!

Hai there,
    Have a 2003 330i e46 with an 18x9 running 235 section on all corners. I guess 18 can be used on an e46 even though 17 is the OEM size. My right Tyre on the rear is rubbing while taking corners.
    The suspension is stock with new OEM springs and struts. Any thoughts on why it's rubbing.
    Appreciate ur suggestions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could be due to many reasons. My guess would be a worn out suspension since the other side is not rubbing.
    18" is not a problem to run on E46 as I had 19" on mine for a long time. Its the low offset you need to worry about. For your application ET 38-45 should be ideal.

Ohh and make sure to post some pics of your car.(A)

Comment

Originally posted by Alaa.B View Post
      This could be due to many reasons. My guess would be a worn out suspension since the other side is not rubbing.
      18" is not a problem to run on E46 as I had 19" on mine for a long time. Its the low offset you need to worry about. For your application ET 38-45 should be ideal.

Ohh and make sure to post some pics of your car.(A)
      Have changed springs and shocks ( OEM).

Comment

The rear fenders are rolled as well..

Comment

Check the alignment. Maybe you need some more camber.
          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Something doesnt sound right. The car is too high to be rubbing.

How exactly did you figure its rubbing? Is it the white marks on the edge of the tire?

Comment

Originally posted by Alaa.B View Post
              Something doesnt sound right. The car is too high to be rubbing.

How exactly did you figure its rubbing? Is it the white marks on the edge of the tire?
              Yup it is pretty high when compared to other car but still it rubs. Sound + marking on the Tyre.
              It happens on the interchange back my home . At the end of the interchange there is a small bump on the road that's y it marks on the left only. When I'm taking the corner the car leans to the left and the bump at the end makes the body touch. Most of the interchanges in dubai are right turns that's y I'm guessing it happens on the right.

Comment

Sorry left.

Comment

Finally got it sorted. The issue was with the wheels offset.
                  ET50 rear and ET47 front. Now running a set of OEM bmw style 32 wheels. 18x8 front, 18x8.5 rear.

Comment

Oh nice you got it fixed! Can you post pictures before and after?
                    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
                      Oh nice you got it fixed! Can you post pictures before and after?

Comment

Working...
                      X