Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, my name is Prasath Selvan. I currently drive a lexus GS350 F-Sport but actively looking to purchase a 04 BMW e46 m3 (coupe/Manual) asap. Looking foward to meeting you guys in the upcoming meets.

Welcome to the club Prasath.

Great choice and taste on going with the E46 M3. You might want to check the oman market through OLX, I know there are a few of them for sale there.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome on board! thats a great choice! manuals are rare to come by in this market, but as my friend Alaa advised, do check the Oman market as well. Its relatively easy to get them over.
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks Alaa and Wazif. Ive found a couple of E46's in Oman via olx out of which one is manual (2001). However all the info is in Arabic and seller doesnt seem to respond properly (maybe due to language barrier). Know anyone who can help me with the purchase? Also could you guys tell me what the import from Oman looks like in terms of paperwork and fees?

Comment

Sorry Prasath. Dont have any experience shipping in from OM hence cant advice you further on the procedures and documentation. Best bet would be to contact a freight forwarder and get the info from them.
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

You will need to get the car de-registered in Oman and get a certificate of ownership from their traffic department. Then, you can either temporary number plate and drive the car to UAE or put it on a truck and bring it in UAE. At the UAE border you will need to show them the ownership certificate and they will give you a bill of entry and a customs assessment for the 5% customs duty on the assessed value. You do not need to pay the customs duty at the border. Then, you bring all your documents to RTA and they will resister the car in your name after payment of customs duty and inspection.
            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Exactly what Hassan said.
              To add, have a copy of the previous owners ID and contact details as they request it on the boarder.

Comment

Originally posted by Prasath View Post
                Hey guys, my name is Prasath Selvan. I currently drive a lexus GS350 F-Sport but actively looking to purchase a 04 BMW e46 m3 (coupe/Manual) asap. Looking foward to meeting you guys in the upcoming meets.
                welcome on board Prasath

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE

Comment

my brother phoned them, there are 2 manuals in oman, both of them were converted to manual as per the owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    my brother phoned them, there are 2 manuals in oman, both of them were converted to manual as per the owners.

Is there a problem with cars converted to manuals?
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you Alaa, Hasan, Mark and Bruno. Im still actively looking for an M3 E46 but no luck yet. Meanwhile i have also been looking in E39 M5 and found 2 available for sale on Dubizzle,

1. 2001 E39, 95,0000km odo, asking Aed 40,000, Japanese specs
                      2. 2002 E39, 103,000km odo, asking Aed 95,000. American specs

Theres a huge difference in the asking price with similar odo and i dont have a clue on the cars value. Either offer no.1 is too good to be true or offer no.2 is just overpricing his car too much? Could you guys help me on that?

Comment

The prices very a lot depending on how the owners value their cars. Talking to the owner will tell you a great deal about the car and should help make sense of the pricing. I would go to check both, and get a pre purchase inspection done for whichever makes more sense.

Usually Japanese cars are very clean and well maintained.

Good luck!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                          Is there a problem with cars converted to manuals?
                          There are many aspects to consider when purchasing a converted trans.
                          Its very rare in this region that the owner would do the job right and order all the original parts associated with the swap.

this should explain briefly.
                          http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/how-to...t-t-1747802451

Comment

Hi. I have seen a red E46 M3 in Abu Dhabi for sale. Not sure the value of it, i think the guy wants around 50k dh for it. PM me and i can go pass the shop and get more details for you, if you want.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X