Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by RMR View Post
    i did some researches here,, there is a romanian custom retrofit who have those HW, but once deployed you will not be able to use Connected Drive Services and Concierge.

HW costs around USD 500 and it can be shipped to UAE.
    That's a show stopper my friend. If you cannot use the ConnectedDrive services, that means Real Time Traffic Info will not work as well. might as well stick to your older iDrive and have everything work as it should

Ride
    BMW E46 M3 BMW E92 M3 BMW F80 M3
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I just checked on the internet and wasn't successful. so I called Shak and he said if I can call AGMC and have them order the parts, he can intall it. I then called the parts department in AGMC and they don't have any upgrade kits

MY2015 = NBT
    MY2016 = NBT Evo (2GB)
    MY2017 = NBT2 Evo (4GB)
    Mine is a 2016, So should have the NBT EVO. Would i be able to upgrade to idrive 5?

Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone
    Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Ride
    BMW F83 M4 Competition
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Wazif View Post
    Mine is a 2016, So should have the NBT EVO. Would i be able to upgrade to idrive 5?
    If you have NBT Evo as I've heard, it should be a simple coding that you need to do.

Check with Shak bro, if he can't help, let me know and I will find you someone who will do remote coding for you after checking if it's possible. PM me your last 7 digits of your VIN

I even have the necessary cable for you but let's start with the VIN and I would see what can I do for you bro

Mind you do, it's not worth the hassle as any coding if not done through AGMC themselves would void your warranty

Ride
    BMW E46 M3 BMW E92 M3 BMW F80 M3
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

If you have NBT Evo as I've heard, it should be a simple coding that you need to do.

Check with Shak bro, if he can't help, let me know and I will find you someone who will do remote coding for you after checking if it's possible. PM me your last 7 digits of your VIN

I even have the necessary cable for you but let's start with the VIN and I would see what can I do for you bro

Mind you do, it's not worth the hassle as any coding if not done through AGMC themselves would void your warranty
    The last line is exactly why i havent pursued this seriously so far. I dont want to lose my warranty. Let me check with my AGMC service contact if i can get an exception or possible get them to do it.

Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone
    Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Ride
    BMW F83 M4 Competition
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Wazif View Post
    The last line is exactly why i havent pursued this seriously so far. I dont want to lose my warranty. Let me check with my AGMC service contact if i can get an exception or possible get them to do it.
    Right, good luck and keep us updated if you can get them to give you an exception to code it.

speak to the warranty manager and tell him you are not altering anything in the car's engines, just a simple software upgrade for iDrive

6. Thanks Wazif thanked for this post
    Fresh Meat
    Ride
    BMW F15 X5
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Thank you for sharing this guide. if this process is so easy and seamless by just ordering it online, why is this not available for connected drive (UAE) store and can they just enable this if i take the car to the dealer? Will I lose any of my existing services (concierge, live traffic, etc) if i switch to UK store just to Carplay. once the carplay is added, can I switch back to UAE store or i will lose carplay?

Ride
    BMW F83 M4 Competition
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by umairriaz View Post
    Thank you for sharing this guide. if this process is so easy and seamless by just ordering it online, why is this not available for connected drive (UAE) store and can they just enable this if i take the car to the dealer? Will I lose any of my existing services (concierge, live traffic, etc) if i switch to UK store just to Carplay. once the carplay is added, can I switch back to UAE store or i will lose carplay?
    1) why is it not available in the UAE ConnectedDrive site? Because BMW.....

2) No the dealer has no clue how to enable it, they will just tell you it's coming soon. I even emailed them this guide and to their training manager and didn't even receive a thank you back....

3) You will not lose anything, I did this on my wife's X5 as mentioned

4) Yes you can surely switch back to the UAE Store afterwards, simply, change your UK Store email to some different email that you don't use and de-register your car from your UK ConnectedDrive Account, then create a new account with the same email since it's now changed on the UAE store and add your car again then enter the security code sent to your car's BMW Messages

5) You will not lose CarPlay after doing this, it's a one time payment to enable the feature and you're done.

Be smart...be like Phoenix...

Fresh Meat
    Ride
    BMW F15 X5
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

1) why is it not available in the UAE ConnectedDrive site? Because BMW.....

2) No the dealer has no clue how to enable it, they will just tell you it's coming soon. I even emailed them this guide and to their training manager and didn't even receive a thank you back....

3) You will not lose anything, I did this on my wife's X5 as mentioned

4) Yes you can surely switch back to the UAE Store afterwards, simply, change your UK Store email to some different email that you don't use and de-register your car from your UK ConnectedDrive Account, then create a new account with the same email since it's now changed on the UAE store and add your car again then enter the security code sent to your car's BMW Messages

5) You will not lose CarPlay after doing this, it's a one time payment to enable the feature and you're done.

Be smart...be like Phoenix...
    Thank you for your prompt response. Yes, ConnectedDrive UAE has very limited services and apparently i am already "booked" for all (ie, Concierge, Live Traffic, SOS, etc etc) but no option for Apple Carplay. I agree, the dealership is completely clueless about this, had numerous discussions and the conversation just goes in circle. I am extremely happy to see a workaround that does not require any coding.

Thread Information