Guide: How to add Apple CarPlay on your BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    If you have NBT Evo as I've heard, it should be a simple coding that you need to do.

Check with Shak bro, if he can't help, let me know and I will find you someone who will do remote coding for you after checking if it's possible. PM me your last 7 digits of your VIN

I even have the necessary cable for you but let's start with the VIN and I would see what can I do for you bro

Mind you do, it's not worth the hassle as any coding if not done through AGMC themselves would void your warranty
    The last line is exactly why i havent pursued this seriously so far. I dont want to lose my warranty. Let me check with my AGMC service contact if i can get an exception or possible get them to do it.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
      The last line is exactly why i havent pursued this seriously so far. I dont want to lose my warranty. Let me check with my AGMC service contact if i can get an exception or possible get them to do it.
      Right, good luck and keep us updated if you can get them to give you an exception to code it.

speak to the warranty manager and tell him you are not altering anything in the car's engines, just a simple software upgrade for iDrive

Comment

Thank you for sharing this guide. if this process is so easy and seamless by just ordering it online, why is this not available for connected drive (UAE) store and can they just enable this if i take the car to the dealer? Will I lose any of my existing services (concierge, live traffic, etc) if i switch to UK store just to Carplay. once the carplay is added, can I switch back to UAE store or i will lose carplay?

Comment

Originally posted by umairriaz View Post
          Thank you for sharing this guide. if this process is so easy and seamless by just ordering it online, why is this not available for connected drive (UAE) store and can they just enable this if i take the car to the dealer? Will I lose any of my existing services (concierge, live traffic, etc) if i switch to UK store just to Carplay. once the carplay is added, can I switch back to UAE store or i will lose carplay?
          1) why is it not available in the UAE ConnectedDrive site? Because BMW.....

2) No the dealer has no clue how to enable it, they will just tell you it's coming soon. I even emailed them this guide and to their training manager and didn't even receive a thank you back....

3) You will not lose anything, I did this on my wife's X5 as mentioned

4) Yes you can surely switch back to the UAE Store afterwards, simply, change your UK Store email to some different email that you don't use and de-register your car from your UK ConnectedDrive Account, then create a new account with the same email since it's now changed on the UAE store and add your car again then enter the security code sent to your car's BMW Messages

5) You will not lose CarPlay after doing this, it's a one time payment to enable the feature and you're done.

Be smart...be like Phoenix...

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            1) why is it not available in the UAE ConnectedDrive site? Because BMW.....

2) No the dealer has no clue how to enable it, they will just tell you it's coming soon. I even emailed them this guide and to their training manager and didn't even receive a thank you back....

3) You will not lose anything, I did this on my wife's X5 as mentioned

4) Yes you can surely switch back to the UAE Store afterwards, simply, change your UK Store email to some different email that you don't use and de-register your car from your UK ConnectedDrive Account, then create a new account with the same email since it's now changed on the UAE store and add your car again then enter the security code sent to your car's BMW Messages

5) You will not lose CarPlay after doing this, it's a one time payment to enable the feature and you're done.

Be smart...be like Phoenix...
            Thank you for your prompt response. Yes, ConnectedDrive UAE has very limited services and apparently i am already "booked" for all (ie, Concierge, Live Traffic, SOS, etc etc) but no option for Apple Carplay. I agree, the dealership is completely clueless about this, had numerous discussions and the conversation just goes in circle. I am extremely happy to see a workaround that does not require any coding.

Comment

Did'nt Work for me

I followed the steps. Went to the UK store, paid for carplay, then it worked in my car. The traffic services stopped working though. I then removed my car from the UK store and connected it back to the UAE one. The next time I started the car, carplay just disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal32 View Post
                I followed the steps. Went to the UK store, paid for carplay, then it worked in my car. The traffic services stopped working though. I then removed my car from the UK store and connected it back to the UAE one. The next time I started the car, carplay just disappeared.
                Strange, I did exactly that, buy it from the UK store using some bogus email for registering to the UK Store Connected Drive, after buying CarPlay and confirming it's in the car, I deregister the car's VIN from the UK store account then re-added to my UAE ConnectedDrive again by entering it's VIN and security code from the car, and everything works including CarPlay is still there

Comment

Yeah it's really strange. I even got a pop up message that says booked services will remain before removing it from the UK account. I think I will try adding my car to the UK account then removing it again to see how that goes and I'll update you guys

Comment

Re: Disappearing Apple Car Play

Same thing happened to me. Bought it in the UK Store, registered with UK Connected and had Apple Car Play. De-registered, registered back on UAE store and Apple Car Play no longer there. Still in the bluetooth settings on my iPhone X but gone from iDrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortunato92 View Post
                      Same thing happened to me. Bought it in the UK Store, registered with UK Connected and had Apple Car Play. De-registered, registered back on UAE store and Apple Car Play no longer there. Still in the bluetooth settings on my iPhone X but gone from iDrive.
                      this is very strange, just to re-cap.

1) I deregistered my wife's X5 from her UAE Connected Drive

2) I created a new account on the ConnectedDrive UK using another email

3) I then added her car, entered the security codes and whatnot

4) I then bought AppleCar Play

5) I de-registered the car the moment I saw AppleCar Play in her car

6) I re-added the car on the UAE connected drive site with her original email that she always uses

She is still enjoying her AppleCar Play to this date and all the ConnectedDrive service and concierge work since she re-registered with the UAE ConnectedDrive

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I'll follow this exact sequence and report back.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I had carplay installed following the process described in this thread. My car was added to Uae ConnectedDrive drive and all features were working including CarPlay.

Over the weekend, I removed my car from ConnectedDrive to add to new ConnectedDrive account (also Uae based) and CarPlay disappeared from iDrive. I then added the car back to U.K. account , assuming that I had already paid for CarPlay 2 years ago, CarPlay would automatically download, but it doesn’t. I tried hard reset of iDrive but CarPlay is not being auto installed . Does this mean i have to pay for CarPlay again in the U.K. account ? any work around ?

thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                          X