Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E90 Headunit upgrade

Hi guys,
    i am new to bms infact new to dubai. came here in Jan 2017 and got myself a beautiful e90 which was 29k driven only. :) well the thing is that the audio system in it is pretty basic, even didnt have the usb. I was thinking to upgrade it to atleast a pioneer/kenwood player? wanted to know how much feasible it is? also where in dbx/sharjah can i find person who can do this? also how much expenditure are we looking at here?

please suggest.

It's really hard to do that (put aftermarket players in your BMW) and it also looks ugly in my opinion. There is not much you can do with standard speakers, all E-series have very bad quality of speakers as standard, unless you get the car with top hifi (logic7). You can retrofit logic7 but there is a lot of work and it's not cheap also.

SO, it doesn't matter if you change the head unit, on your BMW the speakers are the problem. Myself i have an E60 530i with same standard audio system and it somewhat improved after i upgraded from CCC unit to CIC headunit (the newer one from 2009+ E models and first F models) but it still under decent standards.

Comment

Welcome buddy to dubai and the world of BMWs :) hope you're stay has been great so far.

There is a company in US that creates audio solutions exclusively for BMWs for owners who wish to upgrade their stock system. I'd recommend you check out their website and drop them a line for possible solutions.

check them out at Bavsound || BMW Audio, BMW iPhone, BMW Speakers, Subwoofers, and more | BSW, BAVSOUND, Bavarian Soundwerks.
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

thank you guys for the input, seems its not an easy upgrade.

Comment

hey... welcome and welcome.

there are these guys which i might go with for my e46 they also got a nice 9" for your car.

https://avinusa.com/bmw-e90-9-androi...on-system.html

Comment

Working...
          X