400+ WHP E92 M3 on Ethanol [Flex Fuel]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400+ WHP E92 M3 on Ethanol [Flex Fuel]

As the title says, my car has been able to hit the 400+ Wheel HP mark thanks to Gintani, American Racing headers & Advanced Fuel Dynamics.

Previously, the car had the E-Flash software by ESS Tuning and has been running great for 4 years (almost 50,000 Km's); but after installing the headers and the flex fuel kit, I was convinced a re-tune will yield some more power out of the car.

Kinetechnik Motorsport, the Gintani UAE dealer took care of everything in no time. I went for a baseline dyno run on Thursday night and the car pulled 343.5 HP (did 4 runs and all were around the same number).

Logging the AFR we noticed that the car goes lean mid range (not sure the cause of that) but Alex (Gintani) confirmed that he should have this fixed with his tune.

Saturday morning we were on the dyno and Alex was online in parellel working his magic. Six hours later we had the first dyno run of the day with the Gintani Custom tune (374.4 HP to the wheels on 93 Octane).

Few runs later we confirmed the same number above; so we decided to add Ethanol E65 blend (roughly) in the car and see the AFD Flex Fuel Kit put to work and 406.4 HP happened!

The software provided by Gintani is a 93 octane tune that works hand in hand with the flex fuel kit from Advanced Fuel Dynamics (so you can run straight pump gas or any Ethanol blend (up to 85% E85 I think as per AFD's confirmation).

Below is the link to my other thread that has the list of all the modifications on my car:

M3 Track/Street Build in Dubai

As usual impressive numbers and experience from Gintani.

Is there anything left to do on the car to improve without the FI? you pretty much done it all..

Comment

Originally posted by Alaa.B View Post
      As usual impressive numbers and experience from Gintani.

Is there anything left to do on the car to improve without the FI? you pretty much done it all..

There is room left for a bit more power with running straight E85 and advancing timing a bit. There is also an option of adding cams, but I am happy with the power gains for now. Time to get better lap times (Y)

Comment

Well done by KM and Gintani. Glad to see such gains. Alex really knows his way around the S65
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Love it!! :wub:
          Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Mashallah Jimmy. E85 has been proving to throw extra whp for quite a good price!!

Any disadvantages down the line?
            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
              Mashallah Jimmy. E85 has been proving to throw extra whp for quite a good price!!

Any disadvantages down the line?
              With more power (forced induction) you will be reaching the injectors maximum duty cycle and maxing out the fuel pump capacity so you will need an upgrade, even with the upgraded injectors provided by many Super Charged applications.

For naturally aspirated cars, not at all, at least after 5 months of use. Things to consider when running ethanol is not to keep it in your fuel tank for a long time if you don't daily drive your car & storing ethanol in barrels properly (since we do not have E85 in petrol stations).

Definitely worth the upgrade especially that the power commander works on pump gas and any blend of ethanol you fuel up with!

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed Jimmy View Post
                With more power (forced induction) you will be reaching the injectors maximum duty cycle and maxing out the fuel pump capacity so you will need an upgrade, even with the upgraded injectors provided by many Super Charged applications.

For naturally aspirated cars, not at all, at least after 5 months of use. Things to consider when running ethanol is not to keep it in your fuel tank for a long time if you don't daily drive your car & storing ethanol in barrels properly (since we do not have E85 in petrol stations).

Definitely worth the upgrade especially that the power commander works on pump gas and any blend of ethanol you fuel up with!
                Thanks for the review Jimmy, but what happens if you don't daily drive your car and if you have Ethanol in your fuel tank?
                Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                X