Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS The BMW Car Hotspot LTE is not available in UAE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS The BMW Car Hotspot LTE is not available in UAE?

Hello

I had recently purchased a new X5. i thought that the car wifi hotspot was available for passengers , but i was not able to locate it in the connected drive menu. i remember one of the sales persons informing that it was available but when i checked with a person whoch sold teh car in AGMC he informed that its not available in UAE>

Will appreciate a feedback.

Thanks

RAkesh

Negative, it is not available in the UAE. In fact, when I was ordering my new BMW recently, I told the sales executive that I want to add that option and he told me it's not possible as it won't work in the UAE due to government regulations.

Even with my 2017 M4, one of the new features that it was *supposed* to have was Wireless Charging for phones that support that AND LTE Hotspot but I couldn't for the life of me find any option in iDrive 5.0 pertaining to the WiFi Hotspot or how to activate it, apparently, as mentioned, it is not a supported feature in the UAE.

My wife also has a 2017 X5 5.0L and she doesn't have the WiFi Hotspot

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback. appreciate it

cheers

Comment

It is sad that we're deprived of such technology.

Anyone know why it is restricted on this region?

Comment

Originally posted by Alaa.B View Post
          It is sad that we're deprived of such technology.

Anyone know why it is restricted on this region?
          No idea and it's pretty ironic since we have the data services for ConnectedDrive/Real Life Traffic Info working, they just don't wanna activate the LTE/Mobile Hotspot. Maybe has something to do with TRA since they think that may steer people off from buying data packages for their phones if their cars have data and we have WiFi almost anywhere we go.

Comment

true, but i guess there is a cost to the service which BMW pays for the first 3 years? hope that this can be approved by govt. as am sure everyone can be keen to pay for the service. most other countries this service is working

Comment

Working...
            X