Connected Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connected Drive

I understand that BMW ConnectedDrive Service package is included in the car price for up to 3 years. However, my 2016 BMW's ConnectedDrive service expired within 15 months from the date of purchase. Request clarification on the validity period of ConnectedDrive Service.

Thanks.

Hi [MENTION=190493]amarvani[/MENTION]. I've been it told its only for 2 years. In any case you should have it for 24 months. So it expiring after 15 months is not right.

Please do get in touch with AGMC and raise up a complaint.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

WoW , didn't knew it gets expired [emoji33]
      , Abudhabi motors doesn't include connected drive, and now Dubai gets limited [emoji43]

Hopefully Amarvani u'll get an answer back , inform us as well ur findings

Best regards, KiKO4LiFE

Comment

Originally posted by KiKO4LiFE View Post
        , Abudhabi motors doesn't include connected drive

Best regards, KiKO4LiFE
        Which is why I'll never buy a car from Abu Dhabi Motors. All their cars don't have ConnectedDrive, you can't add it later, and they won't ever have it according to the sales rep I spoke with.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
          Which is why I'll never buy a car from Abu Dhabi Motors. All their cars don't have ConnectedDrive, you can't add it later, and they won't ever have it according to the sales rep I spoke with.
          I see, what about extending the Dubai one? Any details regarding that?

Best regards, KiKO4LiFE

Comment

I see, what about extending the Dubai one? Any details regarding that?

Best regards, KiKO4LiFE
            Yearly cost of i think AED 1,500. Need to get it verified with the agency.
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
              Yearly cost of i think AED 1,500. Need to get it verified with the agency.
              I'm about to do that , brb 1hr to give ya an answer from Sheikh Zayed AGMC

Best regards, KiKO4LiFE

Comment

Its 1000 dirhams for extension, although the SOS button is already active even if you dont renew...

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE
                sigpic
                Current
                E92 M3 2011
                # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
                # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
                # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
                E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
                # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
                # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
                # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Originally posted by shockerg1 View Post
                  Its 1000 dirhams for extension, although the SOS button is already active even if you dont renew...

I see , I have talked to them , they said it depends on the model [emoji848]

Best regards, KiKO4LiFE

Comment

Best regards, KiKO4LiFE
                    (A)

Comment

Best regards, KiKO4LiFE
                      Absoutely correct! Reason being is that on e92 M3s the Connected drive system had limited options and not the advanced versions you get on the F10/F80 upwards models hence difference in Price. So really depends which connected drive system you are using and that relates to the model / car year ...

sigpic
                      Current
                      E92 M3 2011
                      # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
                      # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
                      # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
                      E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
                      # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
                      # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
                      # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

CONTRADICTIONS GALORE

AGMC customer care says that Connected Drive is valid for 3 years from the DATE OF MANUFACTURING - and guess what....... I find out that 2015 model that was purchased in January 2016 was manufactured in April 2014!!!.....

On the other hand. Wazif is informed that it is valid for 2 years (from the date of purchase) - and that is why he advised me to raise a complaint with them.

I have asked them to send me the document where the above validity is stated.....and of course the customer care refuses to share such a document!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by amarvani View Post
                          AGMC customer care says that Connected Drive is valid for 3 years from the DATE OF MANUFACTURING - and guess what....... I find out that 2015 model that was purchased in January 2016 was manufactured in April 2014!!!.....

On the other hand. Wazif is informed that it is valid for 2 years (from the date of purchase) - and that is why he advised me to raise a complaint with them.

I have asked them to send me the document where the above validity is stated.....and of course the customer care refuses to share such a document!!!!
                          Every single person will tell you a different thing at AGMC. How classical heh?

For my 2017 M4, the call center tells me there are no free updates although on BMW's site they advertise the 2017 models come with over the air map updates for life so it's automatic. Well, it wasn't updating automatically on my M4. Then I call another person and he tells me that I get only 1 update for free then I have to pay for a subscription.

When I went to the AGMC on Sheikh Zayed Road, I spoke with a senior technician and told him this, he laughed and said, M cars come with 3 years free map updates you only have to pay for non M cars :Oo::?

Comment

Originally posted by amarvani View Post

Did they quote you for extension of service?
                            Current
                            E92 M3 - Mineral White
                            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                            E36 318is
                            E39 540i ///M sport
                            VW CC
                            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

AED1,000 per annum.

Comment

Working...