Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Key Fob. Suggestions?

Hey guys,

I lost my key over the weekend (I know, stupid me). Additionally, I don't have a spare so I contacted AGMC to get a replacement. They quoted me a few thousand dirhams which I don't mind since it was my fault, however they said that it'll take 10-14 days since they need to order it from Germany! This means I won't have a car for half a month :(

I was wondering if you guys have been in a similar position or if you can recommend a different route in to getting a replacement key. It's for a 2015 435i (F33) with Comfort Access (not sure if this matters).

I'm in SOS mode, and anything will help at this moment.
    Last edited by Nixolas; 27-08-2017, 10:52 AM.

As far as I know, there is no way around it. You might be able to get a key and remote coded to unlock the car, but it will not start the car.

I am surprised you don't have the spare key for a new car.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Yeah me too. tbh the previous owner went AWOL and left me only one key when I purchased the car. Thanks anyways.

Comment

Thats very sad. Have you tried contacting the previous owner recently. Its worth another attempt.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I've tried - it was purchased from a used car showroom, they said they might have someone that can make a key the same day, however with what you said - i'm a little pessimistic about if that's even possible.

Comment

Its worth a try. Just tell them you will not pay for it if it dosent start the car. I would prefer to be there personally, to make sure they don't do anything funny.

Good luck!
            sigpic

Comment

Well he just got back to me, he said that the key can only be ordered by the dealer. So I'm SOL.

Comment

Hopefully, it will come soon. You can also request them to get the key shipped through express courier service. Should reach here in about 5 to 7 working days.
                sigpic

Comment

I've placed the order for the new key at AGMC today (Sunday). I'll let you guys know how long it takes, here's to hoping it comes in before the weekend..

Comment

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident [MENTION=176759]Nixolas[/MENTION]. The lead time quoted by the agency is a standard response, usually it get here sooner than that. Express the urgency and the situation you are in. Hopefully as Hasan mentioned above, they should be able to get one to you via express courier ASAP.
                    Current
                    E92 M3 - Mineral White
                    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                    E36 318is
                    E39 540i ///M sport
                    VW CC
                    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Hey, yeah I've stressed to them how urgent it is. He said it should be here before Eid, but let's see!

A little bit of a lighter note, I FOUND MY KEY FOB! I decided to call the places I was at the night I lost it again, even though I called them about it a few times, but this time the lady on the phone physically went and checked herself. She called me back and told me she found it!

Anyways, I'm happy I'm ordering another one (we all need spare keys) and having one urgently if I lost mine again is extremely important.

I'll still let you guys know when it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixolas View Post
                        Hey, yeah I've stressed to them how urgent it is. He said it should be here before Eid, but let's see!

A little bit of a lighter note, I FOUND MY KEY FOB! I decided to call the places I was at the night I lost it again, even though I called them about it a few times, but this time the lady on the phone physically went and checked herself. She called me back and told me she found it!

Anyways, I'm happy I'm ordering another one (we all need spare keys) and having one urgently if I lost mine again is extremely important.

I'll still let you guys know when it arrives.
                        Wow :)

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE

Comment

Lucky you i guess. There are some shops that can make you a key you know

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                            Lucky you i guess. There are some shops that can make you a key you know

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
                            I've tried them. They all say they can do it for any BMW but when they come out and see mine, or look up my car, they say it can only be done through the dealer.

Comment

Lost Key

I have also lost my keys somewhere inside my car and i am not able to find it.
                              Now i am using my spare key.
                              What are the ways by which i can find the key as i check most of the compartments, foot wells and everything.
                              But i think that the key went inside the seat as their is a tiny opening.
                              Please let me know

Comment

Working...
                              X