“Goldener Computer” award for the BMW 5 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Goldener Computer” award for the BMW 5 Series. Computerbild Group readers’ survey confirms BMW’s connectivity leadership.

Munich/Berlin. The new BMW 5 Series was today presented with the “Goldener Computer” award in the “Connected Car” category. In the readers’ survey conducted by “Computer Bild” – Europe’s highest-circulation computer magazine – and its sister media, the dynamic business express won the most votes for its extensive connectivity offering. BMW is the only carmaker to win a “Goldener Computer” award in 2017.

BMW was quick to spot the growing importance of connectivity between vehicles, their drivers and the outside world – and the possibilities it opened up – with its ConnectedDrive solutions. And it took the lead in driving forward development of the relevant technology. The company’s third “Goldener Computer” award in the “Connected Car” category, which was included in the survey for the fifth time this year, shows that BMW’s leading role has also been noted by the public.

(Digital) services enable extensive connectivity.

The new generation of the successful new BMW 5 Series underscores its leading role in the field of connectivity with a wide array of functions and features. Integrating e-mail accounts into the car via Microsoft Exchange enables the best possible data security when it comes to managing calendar entries, e-mail and contacts. And with BMW Connected the new 5 Series creates a digital bridge between the car and the user’s smartphone. This digital assistant allows smartphone content to be viewed and used on the Control Display. And BMW Connected also helps the driver with their personal appointment and mobility planning – both while on the move and at their home or workplace. In so doing, it gets to know the user better all the time and gears its responses increasingly to their personal preferences. For route guidance, BMW Connected uses the car’s navigation system, which also enables three-dimensional route display (optional) and incorporates Real Time Traffic Information (RTTI) into its route calculations. BMW Connected also uses the Remote 3D View function to enable the driver to monitor the area around their car remotely on their smartphone. The new BMW 5 Series comes as standard with a WiFi hotspot, too, which uses a SIM card embedded in the car to give passengers online access from up to ten devices. In addition, the hotspot presents customers with the option of using Apple CarPlay wirelessly and inductively charging suitably equipped smartphones. Further comfort and convenience are provided by clever online services ParkNow and On-Street Parking Information, which customers can use to reserve a parking space and pay for it cash-free or help to find vacant spaces at the side of the road. The Remote Services – which include a handy Vehicle Finder function – and Concierge Services, which offer personalised assistance with destination selection and travel arrangements, allow users to enjoy the extensive connectivity offered by the new BMW 5 Series in full.

This is the 20th time that “Computer Bild”, “Computer Bild Spiele”, “Audio Video Foto Bild” and their shared technology portal COMPUTER BILD: Tests, Downloads, Ratgeber & Kurse, Kaufberatung, Video - COMPUTER BILD have got together to present the “Goldener Computer”, today considered among the most prestigious awards in the European IT sector. Prizes are awarded each year to innovations garnering the most votes in an online poll of more than 20,000 respondents. The “Connected Car” category introduced in 2013 is evidence of the importance now attached to intelligent vehicle connectivity.

The connected drive services of BMW sets it apart from the competition. The features you get with the new BMW's are simply astounding, the icing on the cake is having your own personal assistant (Concierge services) to assist you while you concentrate on driving keeping you and the society safe.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Well , that was a helpful and long read , proud to be an owner of such drivable computer, everyday is a joy when I'm driving it [emoji56]

However some of these features are not included in the GCC [emoji24] I wonder if I can hack it [emoji848] custom firmware [emoji848][emoji48]

Best regards, KiKO4LiFE

Comment

Originally posted by KiKO4LiFE View Post
        Well , that was a helpful and long read , proud to be an owner of such drivable computer, everyday is a joy when I'm driving it [emoji56]

However some of these features are not included in the GCC [emoji24] I wonder if I can hack it [emoji848] custom firmware [emoji848][emoji48]

Best regards, KiKO4LiFE
        Be careful not to brick it :)
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

the GCC market has seen a boom on the demand for BMW in the recent years, and no doubt they are eager to place this technology in our hands, am sure all the options will be available in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
            Be careful not to brick it :)
            Well , I'm not afraid I'm not afraid to take a step to take a step [emoji441][emoji449][emoji450] Feat. Eminem song [emoji38]

Thanks to @Abree made me discover those hacks which are available right now for codes penetration using e- net cable same as F series:

Hopefully new codes will be released for the G30 [emoji48] will have to poke all around [emoji2][emoji6]

Best regards, KiKO4LiFE
            Last edited by KiKO4LiFE; 12-09-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Sick-looking :thumbsup2: especially the assistant feature :D the future is way nearer than it seemed

Comment

Working...
              X