Self Driving BMW anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Driving BMW anyone?

They say BMW's going to introduce their driverless cars to the market by 2021 https://tranio.com/world/spotlight/s...ty-market_5354, along with Ford, General Motors and Toyota. Do you guys look forward to it? As much as I look forward to see and get some experience with them, I don't quite believe they will be wide spread before 2030's. It should take a lot to implement them in the local infrastructures, and there are some ethical questions about programming them too. Wonder what you think about it

Self Driving BMW anyone?

Well , Im sure do look forward to it , I believe the best mix is having the driver himself steer the wheel when taking a turn,,, while the all the other actions would be autonomous[emoji848]

The ethical part needs lot of study , but I think it would need a term that I'm using: setting multiple scenarios and thinking ahead [emoji848] , checking front front front of the car that is in front of me and then adapt , I don't know [emoji10]

I own a G30 which has one lane autonomous drive and I'm actually utilizing it regularly when I'm in comfort mode,

However, needs more intelligent perks to analyze the road ahead, to avid scaring the driver as it steers itself into the side of the road sometimes[emoji28]

Best regards, KiKO4LiFE
    Last edited by KiKO4LiFE; 14-09-2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Its an inevitable future - Electric/alternate energy cars (no more I/C engines), technology being the primary selling point instead of performance/luxury. Tesla ignited the flame and now the others have caught on.

it will still be a while before autonomous driving is deemed fully reliable and safe, but with so much information and data available now i think the progress will take place a lot sooner than initially anticipated.

for me its a welcome feature, as long as a fail safe is built into it. As Kiko said earlier, it makes a long/traffic commute less stressful. I just hope it's not as vulnerable as the movies show it! wouldnt want anyone hacking into my car and taking control...yikes!
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

on one hand the roads would probably be safer.. on another, mixing BMW drivers with self driving cars at the same time would not be a "perfect world" scenario.
        I mean how would a self driving car respond to me honking behind it, or passing it aggressively while giving it the dirty death stares.

On a serious note, it would trigger some seriously anxiety in me and others knowing that the car behind or near is driver-less.

Comment

Working...
        X