Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealership giving me BS about map updates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealership giving me BS about map updates...

So with my previous 2017 M4, I had my maps updated from 2016-1 to 2016-4

Next, I get my 2018 M4 which already has the 2017-2 map updates, that's the latest for the Middle East maps so no problem here.

the issue is, my wife bought a 2017 X5 3 months ago, her car came with maps version 2017-1 not -2 like I have

Today when I took her car for the first service, I told them to update the maps, then the guy who is the so called genius for all the electronic stuff there told me, BMW no more allows incremental updates from 2017-1 to -2 , -3, and so forth, if she has -1, then the next update will be the 2018-1 maps

I find this very hard to believe that maps can be updated only once a year and I feel that he just isn't bothered to do the job.

also when I told him that her maps don't update automatically and to update the integration level to fix this as I've seen recommended in another forum:

Program vehicle to the latest integration level - F020-17-07-505

He told me that BMW never had OTA map updates :rolleyes:

I went home and called the BMW Call Center and raised a complain against him and requested for a call from the head of their technical department for discussion.

What do you guys think?

Its sad that one rep with zero care can ruin a customers experience and for some lose interest in the brand.

Its an easy update that a customer should not have to request for. If the call center does not provide you with any solutions PM me and I will escalate from my side.

Comment

Thanks Alaa, the technical manager from BMW called me and apologized about this and assured me that is not how things are. Map updates are available and can be updated from -1 to -2 to -3 and so forth just like they did before and told me to bring in my wife's car anytime and give him a call to have it updated and he will deal with that guy who gave me the misinformation claiming that it came from BMW Germany.

Comment

Working...
      X