Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW clinches four class victories und numerous podium places in the 2017 “sport auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW clinches four class victories und numerous podium places in the 2017 “sport auto

Trade magazine readers choose “the sportiest cars of 2017” – Awards go to BMW Automobiles and BMW M Automobiles.

Munich. Driving pleasure, dynamics and everyday suitability in all vehicle classes – attributes with which BMW has always been able to convince. Just how much BMW customers and fans alike appreciate this has been substantiated yet again by the result of the readers’ choice held by the trade magazine “sport auto”. In the voting for “the sportiest cars of 2017”, a total of four class victories went to BMW automobiles, these being complemented by three further podium places and 2nd place in the vote for “Best Brand 2017”.

For the second time in succession, one of the most sought-after “sport auto awards” went to the BMW M2 Coupe (fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 8.5 (7.9); CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 199 (185))1. Furthermore, the BMW M240i Convertible (fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 8.3; CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 189) and the BMW M240i Coupe (fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 7.8 – 7.1; CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 179-163) each seized the coveted trophy. As in the previous year, the BMW 340i Sedan (fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 7.7 – 7.4.); CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 179 -172) also managed to make it to the winner’s rostrum. So this year, too, BMW was able to achieve an excellent result in the readers’ choice. With second place in the voting for “Best Brand” 2017, the BMW M4 GT4 from BMW Motorsport celebrated a further huge success in the category “Best Customer Sports Programme in the GT4 Class”.

Once again the vote proved how popular BMW is with performance-oriented readers. With victories for two coupes, one convertible and a sedan as well as top places in many other voting categories, the result of the vote also impressively underscores the vast spectrum of products offered by BMW and BMW M.

In the fast lane again: The BMW M2 Coupe.

Like last year, the BMW M2 seized the title in the category “Coupes up to 100 000 Euros”. The overall package for the compact high-performance automobile from the BMW M GmbH, which was compiled with the help of expertise from motor racing, aroused the enthusiasm of readers yet again. The BMW M2 Coupe’s straight six-cylinder petrol engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology and a maximum power output of 272 kW/370 hp ensures outstanding driving dynamics, and an aluminum lightweight M Sport suspension provides for the most precise handling characteristics also in highly dynamic driving situations.

BMW M Performance automobiles celebrate two victories in a row.

With the new BMW M240i Coupe and the M240i Convertible, the two categories “Coupes up to 50 000 Euros” and “Convertibles/Roadsters up to 50 000 Euros” remain – as in the last three years – firmly in the hands of BMW. The two sporty successors to the hitherto successful BMW M235i Coupe (fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 8.1 – 7.6.; CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 189 - 176) and Convertible (fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 8.5 - 7.9; CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 199 – 184) respectively convince above all through a new generation of technology under the bonnet.

Both BMW M Performance automobiles feature the new version of the straight six-cylinder petrol engine featuring M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology delivering a maximum power output of 250 kW/340 hp, and are also available with the four-wheel drive system xDrive as an alternative to conventional rear-wheel drive technology.

Destined for victory: The new BMW 340i.

In the category “Sedans/estate cars up to 50 000 Euros” the BMW 335i Sedan (fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 7.9 – 7.2; CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 186 - 169) managed to clinch the “sport auto award” three times in succession, and the follow-up model, the BMW 340i, continued this impressive series not only last year but also in this year’s readers’ choice. A sporty character and excellent dynamics coupled with the running smoothness of the straight six-cylinder petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology and 240 kW/326 hp helped the BMW 340i, which is also optionally available with intelligent four-wheel drive technology xDrive, seize first place yet again.

BMW Motorsport’s spearhead for the private driver: The BMW M4 GT4.

In the voting for the “Best Brand” 2017, BMW Motorsport’s customer sports programme was able to win an impressive second place in the GT4 class with the M4 GT4. Developing a classic customer sports car like this has always been one of BMW Motorsport’s core competences. The BMW M4 GT4 is designed entirely for use by private teams, who from 2018 onwards will have the chance to drive it to victory around the globe in the attractive GT4 category.

The “sport auto award” is one of the automotive sector’s longest established competitions decided by a readers’ vote. 13 211 readers, who were able to choose between 234 models in 25 categories, participated in the 25th edition.

Overview of placements:

“sport auto award”:

Winner sedans/estate cars up to 50 000 Euros: BMW 340i

(fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 7.7 – 7.4; CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 179 - 172)

Winner convertibles/roadsters up to 50 000 Euros: BMW M240i Convertible

(fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 8.3. - 7.4; CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 189 - 169)

Winner coupes up to 50 000 Euros: BMW M240i Coupe

(fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 7.8 – 7.1; CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 179 – 163)

Winner coupes up to 100 000 Euros: BMW M2 Coupe

(fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 8.5 - 7.9; CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 199 - 185)

2nd place sedans/estate cars up to 100 000 Euros: BMW M3 Competition

(fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 8.8 – 8.3; CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 204 -194)

3rd place compact cars: BMW M140i xDrive

(fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 7.4; CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 169)

3rd place diesel: BMW 435d Coupe xDrive

(fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 5.9 – 4.0; CO2 emissions in g/km (combined): 155 - 106)

“Best Brand”:

2nd place Motorsport “Best Customer Sports Programme GT4 Class” BMW M4 GT4

1) Figures in brackets relate to the vehicle featuring a 7-speed M dual clutch transmission with Drivelogic.

Specified fuel consumption and CO2 emission levels were determined according to the stipulated measuring procedure VO (EU) 2007/715 in the respective version applicable for the approval of the vehicle. Figures relate to a basically configured vehicle in Germany, the margins allowing for differences in the choice of wheels and tyre sizes. CO2 efficiency details result from the guideline 1999/94/EG and the EnVKV passenger cars and are classified according to the fuel consumption and CO2 emission levels stipulated by the NEDC.

Further information pertaining to the official fuel consumption and the official specific CO2 emissions of new passenger cars is contained in the “Leitfaden über den Kraftstoffverbrauch, die CO2-Emmisionen, den Stromverbrauch neuer Personenkraftwagen” (Guide to fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and power consumption of new passenger cars), which is available free of charge from all sales outlets and at DAT: Leitfaden über Kraftstoffverbrauch, CO2-Emissionen und Stromverbrauch.

The M2 is an extremely fun car. Glad to see that it has been recognized as such. Well done BMW!
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

well done indeed, it's an all round car

Comment

Working...