M2 Brake Pads upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M2 Brake Pads upgrade

Guys, I’m looking at upgrading my Brake Pads on my M2.
    I find the standard pads just don’t cut it for track days and quite fancy some Ferodo DS2500 for the car! Can anyone recommend places to fit and buy in Dubai?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE

Originally posted by hendy329 View Post
    I find the standard pads just don’t cut it for track days and quite fancy some Ferodo DS2500 for the car! Can anyone recommend places to fit and buy in Dubai?

Thank you in advance

They sell EBC & I’m not sure if they stock Ferodo but I’ve had work done at MSW Dubai & was very happy with the service & results.

Comment

Thank you in advance

Aren't the pads under the service package???

MSW is the place to go for the pads your looking for!

Comment

Hey Hendy! Whatever you decision ends up, be careful on the upgrade of the pads as you might end up tearing up ur disks if the brake pads are harder than what the boys in the M Division has developed, id rather have my pads runs off rather than having to changing disks with every pad change. If you will be tracking all the time probably consider upgrading to brembos in the future.

Finally, our sponsor Octane can help you with sourcing the pads and getting professionally installed.

Best of luck.
        sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
        Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
        Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
        Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
        Black 1986 E28 535i
        Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
        Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
        Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Hi guys,

So the car is in AGMC for its service and they just called this morning stating the vibrations through the wheel and brake issues are due to excess rust buildup on the rotors! They then tried to put the blame onto me for cleaning the car then leaving it for long periods before driving it. This i haven’t and would never do anyway!

Yet another disappointment with AGMC.

Comment

Hi guys,

So the car is in AGMC for its service and they just called this morning stating the vibrations through the wheel and brake issues are due to excess rust buildup on the rotors! They then tried to put the blame onto me for cleaning the car then leaving it for long periods before driving it. This i haven’t and would never do anyway!

Yet another disappointment with AGMC.

In our last kalba drive i was sat in a member's M4 throughout the trip specifically to check out this vibration issue during braking, brake judder. I'm led to believe it has to do with corrosion.

Looks its a nightmare for some M4 and M3 owners. I haven't read the whole thread yet, still going through it

Brakes Making Vibrations and Weird Noises

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

disappointed to hear that. Hope they resolve it quickly. Thye should just replace it for you.
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
              X