E93 hartop tension cable problem. E93 owners take cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E93 hartop tension cable problem. E93 owners take cars

I'm writing this to all E93 owners. In my E93 M3 I had a hardtop tension cable that was cut. this caused the hardtop lining not to close right when I was closing the hardtop which caused a cut in my rear pillar leather and could have even caused more damage. I'll attach for you pictures to see it. I advise every owner of E93 to check their tension cables for wear and tear because once it snaps, it is just gonna cause a lot of damage that you won't even notice except after it happens. This tension cable is made from two cables an inside white cloth cable and a black protection over it , through time this black protection gets damaged and ofcourse the cloth cable without protection when moving the hardtop open and closed gets damaged and cut. My advice if you have any damage in the black protection then change both tension cables immediately, I'll also attach a photo of the tension cable. I heard that these weak tension cables were changed after 2011 but I'm not sure. Sorry I couldn't attach all photos as I have reached the maximum limit. IMG_1365.jpg

Thank you for sharing this valuable information. This will help many E93 owners here.

you can use imgur to host the pictures and then post the links in your thread.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
    X