X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central locking not working.

Hi guys,

i have problems which appeared out of no where;

1- my car (BMW e60 2005,545i) key stopped working, meaning i can't lock and unlock the car using the key. i have replaced the batteries and got them checked they (keys) are working fine on the testing system.The dash central locking button,locks/unlock all the doors and its working in normal manner. the strange part here is that when i use my key to manually lock the door it only locks the driver side door all the other doors remains unlocked, so when i need to lock the car, i sit inside the car, locks all the doors using the central locking button, open the driver side door only (it does not unlock other doors), get off the car and lock the door using the car key, this way all the doors remain locked. when i need to unlock, i use my key in the driver side it and it unlocks all the doors.

2- fuel door actuator is not locking/unlocking, i checked the fuses they were fine (no blown fuse) so i ordered the new fuel door actuator motor and got replaced and the problem remains same.

guys any idea what could be the problem?

I bought a car a few weeks ago and while going through the records, the previous owner had changed the lock actuator. I asked him why did he change it, and he said they changed it to see if it would fix the locking problem that seems similar to what you described.

The problem turned out to be from a short in the cigarette lighter socket that went nuts from a phone charger going bust.

Not saying you could have the exact same problem. Worth sharing maybe your problem is somehow related.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
      I bought a car a few weeks ago and while going through the records, the previous owner had changed the lock actuator. I asked him why did he change it, and he said they changed it to see if it would fix the locking problem that seems similar to what you described.

The problem turned out to be from a short in the cigarette lighter socket that went nuts from a phone charger going bust.

Not saying you could have the exact same problem. Worth sharing maybe your problem is somehow related.

Hi,

thank you for information i will check that too.

Comment

Ive faced a similar issue just before my car battery went completely flat! When was the last time the car battery was replaced?
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
          Ive faced a similar issue just before my car battery went completely flat! When was the last time the car battery was replaced?
          car Battery replaced two weeks back, the problem started before battery was replaced and its still after replacing the battery.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Finally fixed the issue, it was related to the corroded/oxidized contacts of the receiver. i cleaned the contacts and mounted back. Keys works like a charm. check the image of the receiver which i cleaned.
            inv_005825_01.jpg

Comment

nice! thats a good catch..how did you diagnose it? Where is this part located?
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                nice! thats a good catch..how did you diagnose it? Where is this part located?
                How did i catch it: As my keys and central locking was working fine and there were no errors registered in the system so i suspected something is wrong with signal receiver (Amplifier diversity antenna). i opened the Amplifier diversity antenna and found its metal strip touch contact with screen were rusted. i cleaned the circuit board and the metal strip touch contacts with electronic circuit cleaner (do not use cleaner like WD40 etc).

Where it is located: check the attached image. You need to be very careful while removing it as the plastic panel which is covering it gets damaged.

GREO_E60_65_0003.png

Comment

Working...
                X