Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My e36 328i convertible needs help with the auto roof :_(

Hello everyone!

I have a bit of a problem... that I wish I would of figured out some months ago (when it was still summer, as prices I would say would of been cheaper...)

As any e36 convertible '99 model owner, I am facing problems with the motors for unfolding and folding the roof of the car. It works properly at the moment but in the last check up I did at x-service they told me that it has not that many goes left... as it is getting slow, and stops every once in a while and so on...

Question is:

If I would like to get it ready and fully fixed, how much am I looking to spend if I have to change one of the motors? where to bring it? Did anybody experienced it recently that could help me out a bit?

Also, the back window needs to be replaced as it got fully damaged with the sun... any advice on that too?

Thank you people!!

I've been looking out for a expert on cabrio tops too, havent found anyone yet...
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

I believe you should get a second opinion. Take it to Octane garage.
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

this diagram should help you determine the parts involved. i think you can start with parts 9 and 8 as they are the motors.

RealOEM.com * BMW E36 328i Softtop, electromech. all-autom.

it will be more expensive locally but at least the prices on the website can be a guide.

Comment

When you say it's slows down during operation,at what point does it slow down or stop ?
          The main hood motor brush's can be changed if the armature within the motor is not badly worn.
          Motor brush's cost penny's compared the the actual motor replacement .
          Drop by octane service centre for a quick diagnostic check .
          Shak :)

Comment

Thank you everybody for your help! I will definitely pass by to get it checked in octane... hopefully it can be solved just with the motor brush :)

Anything about the window replacement?

Comment

Working...
            X