Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JB4 Review

Folks,
    I know that a lot of you have been waiting for this review ,but i wanted to perform comprehensive testing on this product of juice box before i can give an objective review ,i have also been busy with many other things (having 3 jobs).
    So here is my review in short:
    * Installation was HARD for an amateur like myself ,however ,it wasn't impossible ,it took me over 1 hour and half ,but everything was perfectly fixed ,i have NEVER EVER taken a screw out of my cars , imagine how did i feel when i was opening the ECU :p

*Terry ,the owner of Jb products,was VERY helpful and supportive ,NO ONE can beat terry in customer support and follow up ,sent him many logs and got the right map for my car.

*the car is SIGNIFICANTLY more POWERFUL ,according to terry ,i am getting 80-100 RWHP ,still need to dyno though.

*I am getting 14.5 PSI under map 2 ,with gasoline 98 RON (supper) ,i had to start gradually with map 1 then send some logs to teryy ,i also had to wait and do some WOTs till the car adapts to the new configuration.

* installed DCIs from JB ,this gave me additional 10 HP aprox ,the greatest advantage was the SUPERB throttle response i am getting now ,the car seems to have LONGER BREATH ,i believe this upgrade should be in EVERY E92-E93 engine.

*my over all impression on JB4 and DCI : VERY satisfied.

To ALL those who think they are tunning NERDS and that the tuning world is nu clear physics that no one BUT THEM can master ,i tell them : i did everything on MY OWN , WITHOUT you!

To ALL beginners ,do NOT hesitate ,you can install / uninstall / upgrade...anything in your car on your own....need some help....call me!

did you have any pic during 1.5 hour working? :D just for future reference
    DIY FTW!!!

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
      did you have any pic during 1.5 hour working? :D just for future reference
      DIY FTW!!!
      Most instruction are on the website and its helpful ,though its NOT complete for a beginner...i had to figure my own way sometimes.
      I did a mistake of starting installation ALONE ,thats WRONG ,u need some 1 else to help u..catch the cables..and see things from a different angle

Comment

congratulation .I would like to install this and am hope you could give some feed back. How much did it cost you?Did you get any error message? Do you have any cooling problems?
        335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
        White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by mn07 View Post
          congratulation .I would like to install this and am hope you could give some feed back. How much did it cost you?Did you get any error message? Do you have any cooling problems?
          JB4 is wonderful and i really like it ,i am not having any error codes ,if i do,i can delete them all from the dash board!!
          Jb4 will never heat more than stock ,if stock over heats jb4 will automatically disable its self.
          its VERY stable and u will definitely feel the difference after u install it.

send me pm for pricing.

Comment

Working...
          X