Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2009 Cadillac CTS-V! M5 Eater??

Cadillac CTS-V

A supercharged 6.2 liter LSA V-8, based on the LS9 V-8 from the recently released Corvette ZR1, is the powerplant in the 2009 CTS-V. It produces 556 hp (415 kW) and 551 lb·ft (747 N·m) of torque.[5] [6] The LSA engine has a bore and stroke of 4.06 x 3.62 inches (103.25 x 92.0 mm).[5] There are manual and automatic transmission choices, a six speed transmission with a short-throw shifter and dual clutch surface flywheel, or a paddle shift conventional (planetary gearing and torque converter-based) automatic six speed.[7] There will also be LED flash tracers to tell the driver when to shift. For the first time, Cadillac will offer 14-way adjustable performance Recaro seats. To improve the handling and comfort, the 2009 CTS-V uses Delphi Corporation’s MagneRide technology. The dampers, filled with magnetorheological fluid, are adjusted based on sensor readings that happen at 1ms intervals. The power-to-weight ratio of the CTS-V is similar to that of the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG, which was labeled as the fastest sedan that Edmunds.com has ever tested.[8]

The 2009 CTS-V has a base price of US$59,995, and is available for purchase as of November 1 2008.

The CTS-V achieved a lap time of 7:59.32 at the famed Nürburgring Nordschleife, which is the fastest documented time for a production sedan on factory tires.[10]

Official 0-60 mph time for the 2nd-generation CTS-V is 3.9 seconds, while the quarter mile is run at 12.0 seconds at 118 mph (190 km/h).

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

M5 beater?
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
      M5 beater?
      i'd say M5 Eater!

besides the argument that germans > americans and the subject of looks/quality/reliability, the numbers are scary!

0-60 in 3.9s and Nurburgring in less than 8:00min (13 sec faster than the M5)!

BMW history:

Comment

I hate American cars and I think this one will probably be built in the same stupid cost efficient way... it'll break down a lot and will be worthless!

Yes yes I hate this car! :starwars:
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
          i'd say M5 Eater!

besides the argument that germans > americans and the subject of looks/quality/reliability, the numbers are scary!

0-60 in 3.9s and Nurburgring in less than 8:00min (13 sec faster than the M5)!
          :OMG: Did the americans finally get it right??

I have driven the new CTS. Its a very good ride, especially with the complete sports package. It performs quite well. Its got a LSD too. Hmmm, this one is gonna be killa!
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

My neighbor has the current V, its a nice car but when i ask him about it, he says it used to feel great when new, but now that few years have passed, it feels old and everything is wearing out!
            The new one (above) looks almost the same, yes the numbers are scary, but i would pick an M5 over this cts-v any day! The exterior looks like a modern grandpa car! they have done a better or a good job interior wise (if quality is solid). but again, i'm not an american car fan at all!
            sigpic
            Audi R8 - White / Blk
            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

if speed was everything bmw would be an ordinary car

it is just like one of automatic merc with stupid AMG badge (or batch) on it

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
                if speed was everything bmw would be an ordinary car

it is just like one of automatic merc with stupid AMG badge (or batch) on it
                Sorry to go off topic, but man the one car that puts me down evertime we somewhat race is the E55! i always feel like its the fastest car ever, and that my M3 is so slow! i've pushed the pedal with other fast cars, but not the dramatic result that happens with the E55! What a machine!
                sigpic
                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                  Sorry to go off topic, but man the one car that puts me down evertime we somewhat race is the E55! i always feel like its the fastest car ever, and that my M3 is so slow! i've pushed the pedal with other fast cars, but not the dramatic result that happens with the E55! What a machine!
                  as i said before, speed is not everything bro

look at the new M3, it is slower than C63 (in the straight) but what about driving pleasure?

Ultimate Driving Machine not car we drive.

E55 AMG...it is nothing different than an automatic merc...for me

Comment

Yeaht.. this cts V is a nice ride.. BUT its an American car.. The Interior looks crappy.. I might be faster than an M5.... But not faster than my one :) :) :)

Whatever... i wouldnt swap my M5 with a brand new CTS V.... Doesent matters if it has 1000 HP, its still a caddy not a Bimmer..

Anyways... it think its a good bang for the buck if you want pure performance!
                    Last edited by Simon Motorsport; 24-02-2009, 08:28 PM.
                    sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                    Dubai Investment Park 2
                    The Curve Building Complex
                    Warehouse No.1
                    P.O Box 28638
                    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
                    Office: +97148830851
                    Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
                    Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
                    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
                    Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

haissam i see this a perfect match for your current situation :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by simon*X View Post
                        Whatever... i wouldnt swap my M5 with a brand new CTS V.... Doesent matters if it has 1000 HP, its still a caddy not a Bimmer..
                        Exactly! u are an M5 owner and u said it yourself! I know that you will never trade ur M5 (even if used for few years) for a new V no matter what!
                        sigpic
                        Audi R8 - White / Blk
                        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

being a BMW fanatic, i know how we all think..

1- If BMW was faster than Car-X in a straight line then BMW is better
                          2- If Car-X was faster than BMW in a straight line, then we check Nurburgring times
                          3- Again if BMW was faster then BMW is better
                          4- If Car-X was faster, then we check the bhp per liter
                          5- If BMW was higher bhp/l then BMW is better
                          6- If not then we go to interior quality, looks & all that stuff..

:D

BMW cannot be always better in everything, and obviously not in speed (wheather straight line or track).. There's other car manufacturers that do a good job as well :)

Just because we choose to buy & drive BMWs doesn't mean that it has to be the best.. When I had my Z4MC it was the best car for me to own & enjoy, but that's about it!

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                          haissam i see this a perfect match for your current situation :rofl:

BMW history:

Comment

The Cadillac CTS V has proven itself by doing a blistering lap of the Nurburgring.... The americans wanted to make a point and they chose to do it in the hometown of ZE GERMANS!!! :P

The car MAYBE better than the M5....but we are all know for being creatures of emotions rather than creatures of logic...and hence the M5 will still remain on top!!! :D

Atleast for me ;)
                            Current
                            E92 M3 - Mineral White
                            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                            E36 318is
                            E39 540i ///M sport
                            VW CC
                            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

I agree with Wazif... BMWs are about passion and the ultimate driving machine, sure u may have fun with an american car... but at the end of the day I need something I'm passionate about, something that puts a smile on my face everytime I look at it and tunr on the ignition... M5 all the way!
                              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X