Premiere: BMW 1 Series M Coupé Teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premiere: BMW 1 Series M Coupé Teaser

Moments ago, BMW has just released the first teaser of the BMW 1 Series M Coupe, the rumored M1 or 1M vehicle everyone has been talking about.

“This very special M” as BMW calls it has become more real than ever and if there was any doubt that BMW M Division is working on a new M, the video below should clear this confusion.

After months of speculations around the naming convention, BMW settles on the BMW 1 Series M Coupe, quite different from the rumored M1, 1M, 135i M and many other speculations we have been guilty for.

Stay tuned for more news!
    [YOUTUBE]kG16SqUl3bE[/YOUTUBE]

Source: bmwblog

there is another thread from Ramzi, i think those 2 threads need merging
    I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

i still think it's too late in the life cycle to the 1-series to release the M version.. but they could be testing the waters for the nexst M3 with twin-turbos? :dunno:

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
        there is another thread from Ramzi, i think those 2 threads need merging
        yeah i reposted the same...Need merging plz

Comment

If BMW M CEO "GUARANTEE'S" it's pure M and we will love it, then I'm itching to see this !! It reminds of the E30M3, it's for the same concept of light weight, small and agile...Let's wait...
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

i cant wait for it...:D looks very promising!
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Will the model be called BMW M1?
              We have discussed this point too. BMW M1 is a name with powerful historical associations. So we have decided to follow our second nomenclature method. In the tradition of the BMW Z4 Roadster and of the current models BMW X5 M and X6 M we will put our brand identifier at the end of the name, so our new model will be called the BMW 1 Series M Coupé.
              http://www.m-power.com/_open/b/varlink.jsp?lang=en
              sigpic
              07' HFP Accord | Current
              HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Very nice!
                sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Video: Onboard the BMW 1 Series M Coupe

After the first teaser photos and video, here comes the first footage onboard the BMW 1 Series M Coupe. The 1 Series M Coupe will debut in 2011 and it is already shaping up as being one of the most exciting M models to come out of the M division.

The 1 Series M Coupe model is based on the 135i Coupe and it uses an updated engine of the same car. Official specs are yet to be revealed, but expectations are that the horsepower numbers will be in the 340-350 range, up from 306 horsepower found in the standard engine.

The 1-Series based M car will run in small numbers due to the short life-cycle(around 12 months). Pricing has not been set at the moment, but we expect the 1 Series M Coupe to be positioned below the M3 and most likely, around $10,000 above the 135i Coupe.
                  [YOUTUBE]R6FNlxtTAhQ[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

:bow::bow:
                    sigpic
                    07' HFP Accord | Current
                    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Video: BMW 1 Series M Coupe back on the race track

EVO’s Chris Harris took a ride aboard the new BMW 1 Series M Coupe. While BMW has yet to allow automotive journalist to drive the new M, they graciously provided a professional driver to showcase the abilities of this new “pure M”.

Compared to the previous released footage, this one features an interesting dialogue between Harris and the BMW driver.

Some takeaway points from their discussion: the 1 Series M Coupe might go around the Nurburgring track in 8 minutes 7 seconds and the engine has been tuned up by upgrading the exhaust and remapping the engine.

BMW is still being very private when it comes to revealing the real power numbers, but everyone hints to 340 ponies coming from the N54 or N55 tuned up engine. Our source points out to the N55 as the engine used.
                      [YOUTUBE]t9MKOm_0bXM[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

nice

Comment

CSL rims? Or the actual rims on the M would differ?

The engine melody. Loving it!

Past Ride: E39 530i
                          Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                          Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

A reply from Damien Reid, chief editor of F1 magazine, about his recent work hazard testing each and every M car ever produced, even the new 1M prototype:

"Ayham, you should be mate, it was amazing few days. Drove the E30 2.3 and 2.5 Evo as well as several variants of each model since (E36, E46) up to the current ones. The 2010 Le Mans art car was there and we got to go for a passenger lap in the 1-Series M Coupe prototype. Now that's a quick baby..It'll all be the mag so keep an eye out for it"
                            Make sure you buy the new Wheels Magazine issue.

Comment

Check!
                              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                              X